5 Best Cordless Pool Vacuum Cleaners
Homeowners with pools know how important it is to keep the water clean, sparkling, and inviting. And as the summer approaches and the pool party and outdoor cookout season begin, this will be even more important.
The best way to keep your pool spic and span is to invest in a high-quality swimming pool vacuum. As an essential instrument for keeping your pool clean and free of dirt and debris, and with so many options to choose from, we understand it can become a little overwhelming. However, if you want the vacuum that will give you the least trouble, a cordless option is the way to go for hassle-free cleaning.
So, just for you, we’ve rounded up the 5 best pool vacuums (cordless, of course). Now, you don’t have to spend any unnecessary time trawling the internet when you could be relaxing in a clean waterside environment. If cordless is a must for you, check out our top choices and see which one may be best for you.
PV Pool Cleaner is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Best Cordless Pool Vacuums
Our picks for the best cordless pool vacuum cleaners are:
- AIPER Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner – Best Robotic Model
- Pool Blaster Water Tech Catfish – Best Value
- Intex 28620EP Handheld Rechargeable Spa Vacuum – Best for Small Pools
- AIPER Smart Cordless Robotic Cleaner – Top Features
- Ofuzzi Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner – Lightest Robotic Option
If you’re looking for a way to reduce your maintenance and keep your pool spotless while saving money, then read on below to get our picks for the best cordless pool cleaners.
1. AIPER Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner
Best Robotic Model
It’s the word robotic for us. If we can sit by the pool with a piña colada while the job gets done for us, we’re already sold. And in our experience, this model is already up there on the star scale due to its range of top-notch features. We also love how easy it is to clean, how easy it is to use, its value for money, and its suction power.
It also offers you peace of mind when it comes to cord damage and entanglement, and it just makes the whole pool cleaning experience so much smoother than other cleaners.
- Cleaning range: Pools up to 538 sq/ft.
- Cleaning time: 50 minutes.
- Weight: 4.47 Kilograms
- Easy to transport.
- It has touch and reverse technology. (This means it will reach one pool wall and automatically reverse its cleaning direction.)
- It’s rechargeable and long-lasting.
- If you’ve got a bigger pool, the charge time might not last a full clean.
- It has to be fully charged before use.
If the idea of sitting by a clean pool with a cocktail is your idea of heaven, you’ll want to grab one of these ASAP!
2. Pool Blaster Water Tech Catfish
Ideal for smaller pools, spas, and hot tubs, this pool cleaner has it all. Cordless, of course, this model has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which means it is perfect for a quick and easy clean with no messing around. In terms of pool types, it’s best used with above-ground pools and small in-ground, soft-sided ones.
In our experience with the Pool Blaster cleaner, we found it extremely easy to operate due to its push-button operation and how lightweight it is. You can either attach it to a pool pole or use it by hand – it purely depends on your preference. Also, it includes a removable 7.5-inch vacuum head that allows you to easily clean it and expose the nose to get to tricky spots.
- Item dimensions: 16.75 x 7.5 x 7 inches.
- Cleaning time: 45 minutes.
- Weight: 2.90 lbs.
- Convenient handle.
- Re-useable filter bag and micro-filtering.
- It’s very powerful!
- It’s not ideal for larger pools.
- The suction power could be stronger.
After a vacuum that offers versatile cleaning for small pools? This one’s for you.
3. Intex 28620EP Handheld Rechargeable Spa Vacuum
Ideal for Small Pools
Small pool people, we’ve got the perfect vacuum for you! Perfect for those with spas and super small pools, this compact model has many benefits that will make you want to add to your basket and click the checkout button ASAP!
Per our pool cleaning experts, this vacuum is incredibly good at maintaining pools of this size, ensuring the water is fresh and clean and that dirt and debris are eradicated. It’s got two brush heads that are interchangeable as well as a USB cable for charging, and its automatic shutoff turns it off when it’s not underwater. The IPX8 waterproof switch is also a great feature, as it provides the vacuum with more protection. Spa owners everywhere, you NEED this rechargeable vacuum in your life!
Note: This vacuum will only work when it’s completely underwater!
- Cleaning range: All pure spas and above ground pools up to 18” Diameter
- Weight: 6.54 lbs.
- A telescoping pole to get into those tight nooks and crannies without getting yourself wet.
- A Ni-MH battery that is rechargeable. 50 minutes and your pool cleaner is ready to go!
- You have to manually clean your pool with it.
- Not ideal for massive pools.
Need to keep your small pool or spa clean this summer? You know what to do!
4. AIPER Smart Cordless Robotic Cleaner
Tech lovers need to check out this cordless pool cleaner. It’s made with smart technology, which means it’s self-parking – it will stop after completing a cleaning or to alert you that it needs charging.
This cordless pool vacuum is compatible with pools up to 35ft in size that are in-ground and off-ground models. It also offers an alternative, safer cleaning method to vacuums with cords. In our experience, using this model is much easier – you don’t have to worry about cord entanglement or the risk of cutting out mid-clean because you accidentally pulled the plug out from the wall.
- Speed: 52.5 ft/min.
- Dual motors which means incredible suction power.
- Cleaning time: 50 minutes.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
- There’s worry and hassle-free customer service.
- It has an advanced filtration system – the two suction doors allow any dirt particles to head straight to the filter tray.
- It’s cost-effective – it uses less than (on average) 0.03 kWh per time with a total yearly electricity cost of about $1.
- The battery duration and performance can be affected if the water temperature is below 41F to 95F.
If you’ve always wanted a robotic cordless cleaner, what’s stopping you? Grab one for yourself and enjoy the results.
5. Ofuzzi Cordless Robotic Pool Cleaner
Lightest Robotic Model
This pool vacuum came out on top for running time. Operating for a whopping 120 minutes, the rechargeable battery lets the vacuum continue working for a seriously long time, which is great if you want to give your pool a real deep clean. This obviously means it takes longer to charge – we’re talking 5 to 6 hours as opposed to 50 minutes, but the results are well worth it.
This one has also got self-parking technology, so it will alert you when the battery’s low or it’s finished its cleaning cycle. When it stops, you can pull the vacuum out to the water surface with the floating handle. You can then grab the handle on the machine to lift it out of the pool.
It also has a filter tray to collect leaves, sand, pet hair, and any other debris that lands in your pool!
- Max cleaning area: 1076ft² for pools above or half ground and pools up to 6.6ft deep.
- Weight: 12.2lbs.
- Two powerful motors, therefore using less battery power.
- It can climb slopes of 15°.
- It has a smart route.
- The IPX8 waterproof batteries allow you to clean your pool without the help of a filter or pool pump.
- Excellent efficiency.
- It can’t climb walls.
If you’re looking for a model that has a long running time, this is the vacuum for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use a cordless pool vacuum?
Charge up your vacuum for the maximum time it states in the manual. Then, depending on your model, assemble as the manual states. Place your cordless vacuum in the pool and turn it on as instructed. Whatever the cleaning time, your vacuum will clean your entire pool for you. If you have a robotic vacuum, it will clean your pool without you having to do anything.
What are the most important features of a cordless pool vacuum?
Not sure what to look for in your cordless vacuum? Here are some considerations for your decision:
- Battery time
- Cleaning time
- Rechargeable battery
- Materials and durability
Are cordless pool vacuums better?
Cordless pool vacuums minimize fuss because they do not need to be plugged in at the mains. This makes them more versatile and convenient, especially if your pool is at the bottom of your garden far away from a plug socket. This prevents you from needing to dust off extension leads and bring them into the garden, which can be dangerous if there’s a lot of water around. Essentially, cordless pool vacuums are much easier to work with.
Are cordless and automatic pool vacuums worth it?
100%. You don’t have to spend hours manually cleaning your water when an automatic one can clean your pool in as little as 50 minutes. (Keep in mind that the larger your pool, the longer it will take for the cleaning process.)
While you’ll still have other cleaning tasks on your to-do list, not needing to guide the vacuum or at least not worrying about getting tangled or too far from an outlet will make the entire process easier and faster.
Now you have all the information on the top cordless vacuums — what are you waiting for? Use this guide to find the perfect choice for you to invest in so you can enjoy a spotless pool without cord tangling. You’ll have the cleanest water in the neighborhood!
About the Author
Stefan Schulz is the founder and owner of PV Pool Cleaner. He spent his college years working at Niagara Pools and Spas, one of the largest Swimming Pool and Hot Tub Dealers in the Eastern United States.
Today, he utilizes his background, experience as a pool owner, and the resources of his digital marketing agency, Orpical Group, to generate informative and engaging content for pool owners everywhere.